Where & When:
*25. & 26.08.2012
*Der Kanal @ Weisestraße 57, Neukölln, Berlin
A two-day Workshop (25.08 + 26.08) for Live-Performers, Audio -and Visual Artists, Producers, Designers etc. You will learn how to sketch, build and program a MIDI controller that meets your individual workflow and allows you to individualize your artistic expression. Arduino is a revolutionary open-source single-board microcontroller, designed to make the process of using electronics in multidisciplinary projects more accessible. It can be combined with many sensors like potentiometers, faders, knobs, switches, touch sensors, pressure sensors, vibration sensors, infrared sensors, accelerometers, capacitive sensors etc. etc. etc. Whether you want to control parameters with body movements or just need a personalized fader bank: Anything is possible! The Midi-implementation takes place onbard and can be outputted via Midi-Jack or USB.
- Introduction to the Midi communications protocol
- Introduction to the Hardware: Arduino board and sensors
- Introduction to the programming language
- Building a standard Midi-Controller
- Sketching and Building your personal Midi-Controller
You will need:
* Participants will get a special discount from Watterott.com. If you order, please write an email to email@example.com, name the kit you would like and refer to the workshop.
Set 1 (Basic Kit):
Set (Top-Up) 2:
We will provide:
- Various active and passive components
- Some Potentiometers, Faders, Knobs and Switches
- 50 € for professionals
- 40 € for students
- 30 € if you have a good reason
PLEASE REGISTER VIA E-MAIL. MAX. 11 PARTICIPANTS:
We are looking forward!