AVActivist is a software for parallel audio-visual production and performance work-flow. It is designed with a focus on efficiency in visual content production alongside with audio tools such as Ableton Live, Traktor, Max, PD etc. The compressed functionality and flexibility which is required for this purpose is packed in one slim and easy to learn graphical user interface. It can also be used as a full featured VJ Tool or music video production tool. AVA enables mixing video and generative graphics. It is based on the latest DirectX11 graphics pipeline and the VVVV framework.
This is the free version of AVA and is for evaluation and non-commercial use only. Get the commercial version here.
– 2 Video Player
– 2 dynamic Generative Patches Loaders
– 1 dynamic PostFX Loader
– 16 build in PostFX
– 16 Track Sequencer
– 3 band dynamic audio analysis
– 96 Function sliders and buttons
– Function sliders and buttons can be mapped to the Audio Analysis or Sequencer
– Presets saving and loading
– synchronize it with Ableton Live, Traktor, Max, PD etc
– Can be heavily modded and customized
– Multi-Touch support (upcoming)
– Uncouple GUI device from rendering device (upcoming)
– Multi screen support (upcoming)
– Basic mapping functionality (upcoming)
– Unzip the folder to your favorite directory
– Run SetupVVVV.bat and follow the Setup instructions
– Start “__START AVActivst 1_8_nopatch.bat” if you want to have VVVV patcheditor hidden (Recommended if you are not experienced with VVVV)
– Start “__START AVActivst 1_8″ To start with patches enabled
How to use own video and patches?
– Content goes into /Content folder of your installation directory ( In one of the /Video, /Patch, /PostFX folders)
– Videos can be placed into /Content/Video
– You can change the Folder Path: Copy /Content to the desired directory, and point to it in the Root Patch (right-click in the text field and choose path, works only in version with patches enabled), save with CTRL+S
– Patches can be included by using the _template.v4p as an example how the dynamic patch loading handles the patches and what you need to take care of. Just copy and rename the template folder. Same applies to the PostFX folder.